Before submitting an application:
- Forward a copy of your curriculum vitae to Aaron Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will review your CV to verify your eligibility to apply for this award.
Please be advised to complete this step as soon as possible.
The application process has closed for 2019 but will resume in the spring of 2020.
Criteria for a successful application:
- Candidate must have two primary mentors, one from the research domain and one from the health delivery system domain.
- Candidate must have interest in using the learning health system to improve patient centered outcomes.
- Training plan (e.g., proposed courses, workshops, seminars, or other formal educational experiences relevant to the proposed research). Formal coursework may be important for applicants with a clinical doctoral degree, but less formal research training, than for individuals with a PhD or masters-level research degree.
- The research primary mentor must have a research program that is peer reviewed and extramurally funded.
- Department Chair must provide a letter assuring that the candidate will have 75% protected time during the award period.