Candidates must email a CV to Aaron Carroll for eligibility determination prior to a submission of a full application email@example.com
In The NewsView All
Regenstrief Vice President for Data and Analytics, Shaun Grannis, M.D., M.S., discussed the latest on monkeypox and how health and medical professionals are better at detecting, tracking, and understanding where monkeypox is, and how to mitigate the spread.
Regenstrief Vice President for Data and Analytics, Shaun Grannis, M.D.,...Read More
‘Memory loss is not normal aging’ — Regenstrief scientist highlights challenges of living with dementia
Regenstrief Institute Research Scientist NiCole Keith, PhD, addressed the many...Read More
- The Latest
Individuals must meet ALL five (5) of the following criteria in order to apply:
Applicants must fall into 1 of the following 2 categories:
- Clinician-scientist with a doctoral degree (physicians, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, clinical psychologists, optometrists, veterinarians, allied health care professionals, etc.).
- Basic or other non-clinician scientist with a PhD who is doing LHS research and has high potential for early translation into impacting patient care.
- Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be an Assistant Professor at the time of the award (1 July 2021), and within the first 5 years of his or her faculty appointment. Appointments cannot be contingent upon receipt of the K12 award.
- Applicants must be able to commit a minimum of 75 percent of full-time professional effort to conducting research and to any training activities associated with the program. The remaining 25 percent effort can be divided among other research, clinical and teaching activities only if these activities are consistent with the proposed goals of the K12 program. However, this 25 percent effort may not be supported by other federal grants.
- Applicants may not simultaneously submit or have pending an application for any other PHS mentored career development award (e.g., K01, K07, K08, K22, K23) or career development award equivalent. Former or current principal investigators on an R01 or other major NIH research grant are NOT eligible to apply. Note that this does not include NIH Small Grants (R03) or Exploratory/Developmental (R21) grants or their equivalents. Also, individuals who have been a PI on grants from any source for which an eligibility criterion is “independent status” and/or the annual direct costs are ≥ $250,000 are NOT eligible.