David A. Haggstrom, MD, MAS
- Director, William M. Tierney Center for Health Services Research, Regenstrief Institute
- Sam Regenstrief Endowed Scholar in Health Sciences Research
- Core Investigator, VA HSR&D Center for Health Information and Communication
- Associate Professor of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Affiliate Member, Melvin and Bren Simon Indiana University Cancer Center
Dr. David Haggstrom focuses on cancer health services research. He is interested in the measurement and improvement of the quality of health care delivery across the cancer continuum. In addition to implementation science, his research interests specifically include personal health records and portals, clinical decision making, and cancer survivorship.
Dr. Haggstrom has strong interest in applied medical informatics, including health information exchange. Dr. Haggstrom directs the Medical Informatics Fellowship Program in the VA HSR&D Center for Health Information and Communication. He also directs the IUPUI Center for Cancer Population Analytics and Patient-Centered Informatics. He is a general internist and has served as attending staff physician at Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center since 2006.