The Institute recognizes two categories of research scholars, Investigator and Affiliate, who have a research home in a Center and are encouraged to develop and maintain collaborative relationships across the organization.
Regenstrief Institute Investigator
Investigators are faculty members, who have research goals and interests that align with those of the Institute and one or more of the Institute’s Centers. Investigators’ academic homes are at Indiana University, IUPUI or Purdue University, and Regenstrief Institute is their research home.
There are many benefits extended to Regenstrief Institute Investigators including:
- collaborative opportunities with scholars from across the Institute, who are experts in their field and have national and international reputations,
- mentorship (especially for junior and mid-level faculty) by seasoned and well positioned research scientists,
- professional development programs and faculty development funding,
- eligibility for Institute pilot funding,
- access to a pool of highly trained research staff,
- skilled administrative support,
- grants management and facilitation of external research funding,
- IT support,
- public relations/social media assistance,
- assistance in identifying intellectual property and business opportunities, and
- an office in the Institute’s building.
Investigators are expected to contribute to the research and the Institute’s community including:
- contributing to a Center’s research synergy and development,
- actively engaging in funded research that is aligned with Center priorities,
- participating in the community of scholars and the life of the Institute by attending and presenting in Institute-sponsored academic events such as Grand Rounds, Works in Progress, Seminars, and Conferences, as well as other Center and Institute meetings including Faculty meetings and Town Halls.
- mentoring junior faculty, post-doctoral fellows, and students, and
- whenever possible utilizing Institute research staff on grant projects.
Regenstrief Institute Affiliate
Affiliates have research goals and interests that align with those of the Institute and of a Center. Affiliates can be faculty or non-faculty researchers from Indiana or other institutions/organizations.
Benefits extended to Regenstrief Institute affiliates include:
- collaborative opportunities with research scholars from across the Institute, who are experts in their field and have national and international reputations, and
- shared space when in the Institute’s building.
Affiliates will engage with a Center in one or more of the following activities:
- contribute to a Center’s research synergy and development,
- collaborate with a Regenstrief Institute investigator, and/or
- participate in the community of scholars by attending Center and/or Institute-sponsored academic events including Grand Rounds, Works in Progress, Seminars, and Conferences.
Interested in learning more?
Please express your interest by contacting a Center Director. In your message, please be sure to explain your interest in becoming an investigator or affiliate and include your curriculum vitae.
David Haggstrom, MD, MAS
Director, The William M. Tierney Center for Health Services Research
Susan Hickman, PhD
Director, IU Center for Aging Research at Regenstrief
Brian Dixon, PhD, MPA
Interim Director, The Clem McDonald Center for Biomedical Information