- Research Scientist, Indiana University Center for Aging Research at Regenstrief Institute
- Director and Research Scientist, Center for Health Innovation & Implementation Science
- Richard M. Fairbanks Chair of Aging Research, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Professor, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Director of Senior Care Innovation, Eskenazi Health
- Founding Director, Chief Innovation and Implementation Officer, Sandra Eskenazi Center for Brain Care Innovation
Dr. Malaz Boustani is a senior implementation scientist with extensive experience in conducting implementation research with a main focus on developing tools, processes, and strategies to rapidly implement evidence-based and cost-effective health care solutions in the real world. Dr. Boustani is the Founding Director of the Regenstrief Center for Health Innovation and Implementation Science (CHIIS).
Over the past decade, Dr. Boustani has built a clinical laboratory within two health care systems in Indiana; Indiana University Health, a statewide system that includes 18 hospitals and Eskenazi Health, a safety net health system serving the needs of underprivileged Marion County residents in Indianapolis. He has used this clinical laboratory to train implementation scientists and has developed a graduate certificate in Innovation and Implementation Science to provide the country with transformational agents who are skilled in building learning health care systems.
In the fall of 2015, Dr. Boustani became the PI on the CMS-funded Great Lakes Practice Transformation Network, which laid the groundwork for the Agile Innovation Network, a collaborative of 8 states and over 30 organizations. The network has been selected as an approved contractor for the Centers for Medicare and
Medicaid Services (CMS) Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract to support quality improvement efforts across settings and programs to maximize impact to healthcare titled the Network of Quality Improvement
“I can’t stop seeing patients because they are the source of my innovation.”