Candidates must email a CV to Aaron Carroll for eligibility determination prior to a submission of a full application email@example.com
In The NewsView All
Regenstrief Research Scientist Sharmistha Dev, M.D., explained how for older adults, emergency department visits are part of a continuum of care, the importance of frailty evaluation and the impact of ED deprescribing potentially incorrect medications for aging patients.
‘Memory loss is not normal aging’ — Regenstrief scientist highlights challenges of living with dementia
Regenstrief Institute Research Scientist NiCole Keith, PhD, addressed the many...
Featured FellowshipView all
Regenstrief envisions a world where better information empowers people to end disease and realize true health.
- The Latest
NewsWhat people want: Regenstrief-IU study explores patients’ perspectives on diabetes self-management apps
- Clinical Research Degrees
- Learning Health System Young Investigators
Background & Instructions
The Learning Health System (LHS) Young Investigator Awards are designed to provide promising junior investigators the opportunity to be mentored to improve patient care and health system operations through the systematic generation, adoption and application of evidence. Clinicians and health system leaders work together to ensure that evidence is updated, disseminated to clinical teams and communicated to patients in ways that support shared decision making. Learning health systems are essential as the health care landscape becomes increasingly characterized by rich sources of information that are available in digital formats, programs, and applications.
Opportunities available to LHS Young Investigator Awardees
- Up to 75% salary support (capped at $75,000).
- $25,000 research funding per year of award for research, training and travel related
- Participation in Project Development Team practicum to enhance protocol development skills.
- Young Investigator workshops and coursework focused on research career development.
- Award is for 2 years (with 2nd year of funding contingent upon satisfactory progress during year one).