As part of our continued goal of partnering with nursing homes in central Indiana, IU Center for Aging Research has received a $621,697 planning grant to evolve the current OPTIMISTIC model into a scalable package for national dissemination.
This planning grant is designed to prepare for further implementation and dissemination of the OPTIMISTIC model, developed with CMS Innovations Center support. The grant includes the following activities:
- refining and packaging the OPTIMISTIC “bundle” for implementation;
- conducting an environmental analysis and plan for identifying national and regional partners and recruiting future sites;
- developing a dissemination strategy, including manuals and materials;
- developing a business plan focused on long-term sustainability; and
- creating a communications and dissemination plan.